my big family...photos ni masa ayah dan bonda baru berkahwin.

my big family...photos ni masa ayah dan bonda baru berkahwin.

my big family...

my big family...

my big family...

my big family...

Sabtu, 29 Oktober 2011

Frangula alnus Miller (Alder Buckthorn, Black Dogwood)

Similar species Beware Amelanchier lamarckii (Juneberry) which can be naturalised in the same habitat in southern England.

Flowers and fruits of Buckthorns are axillary, forming a characteristic cluster a little way back from the tip of the branch whereas Juneberry has loose terminal raceme.

Vegetative specimens can be distinguished by the short petioles (less than 1cm) of Alder Buckthorn compared to the longer ones (up to 2cm) of Juneberry. Furthermore, the leaf edge is completely smooth in Alder Buckthorn whereas it is denticulate in Juneberry.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan